baby

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Putting Down Roots

Despite continued forecasts of snow, and at least another month before I expect we'll be frost free, it's feeling like spring here. Alex and I have cleaned out the perennial beds and green is shooting up everywhere.

The combination of all this springtime and pregnancy is encouraging me to put down more roots of my own. I feel my toes digging in a little. From thoughts of "I wonder where we'll be living by summer" I'm now thinking more along the lines of "should I repaint that old dresser to match my bedspread?" and "I wonder where the best garage sales will be."

I joined Gold's Gym today. It's only a three month membership, but it still feels more permanent that most things I've done here. I went to a prenatal pilates class this morning, and feel better about the world in general. I'm extremely sore, since the name of the class should have been Variations on the Squat. The deal I found includes childcare in a nice clean room that has all sorts of Alex's favorite sorts of toys, so hopefully I'll be able to go during the week while Jeremy is at work.

No comments:

baby growth