baby

Monday, April 21, 2008

Fattening up at the Gym


My new plan to get into shape is shaping up to be Alex's plan to be a couch potato and get fat fast. I went to a pilates class there today and brought Alex with me. The class was okay, but not one I'll go to again while I'm pregnant. It took place with us flat on our backs on the floor for almost the entire class. Not a great position right now. So, I'm crossing that off the list of classes I'll attend.

Alex, however, had a great time the gym's version of Pleasure Island. Bins of snacks were available, as well as various movies and TV shows. When I went to pick him up, the floor was covered in crackers and pretzels in various states of consumption and he was sitting in a chair with other zombie children watching Scooby Doo. As we walked out to the car he complained to me "Mommy, I'm all covered in animal crackers." He ate about 5 bites of yogurt for lunch.

I guess now that I've joined the gym I can save money on hot water for my showers and food for Alex at the same time. Now I understand why they offer exercise classes for 3 year olds there. They'll need it after their first few years hanging out in the Kid's Club room.

No comments:

baby growth