baby

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Isaac Clayton

Isaac Clayton, born October 6th, 7:23 pm
8 lbs 6 oz, 19 inches



On Monday, October 6th, Isaac made his dramatic entrance into the world. After the last few weeks of suspense, taking his time, contractions starting and stopping, I suddenly started having contractions every few minutes right after dinner on Monday. Within 10 minutes, we realized that this was it, and called Jeremy's mom to come and pick up Alex. She raced across town in record speed, and while Jeremy turned Alex over to her care, I made my way to the car, afraid if I waited any longer I wouldn't be able to make it into the garage. While Jeremy was grabbing our bags, my water broke in the car and I started feeling the need to push. I was relatively calm until then, but at that point I started to panic and scream into the house for Jeremy to hurry - we were out of time. Within a few minutes we were at the hospital with me in a wheel chair, and Jeremy racing through the hospital halls with me. When we arrived in labor and delivery, our room quickly filled with nurses, and within 15 minutes of arriving at the hospital one of those nurses delivered Isaac. From start to finish took less than an hour.

We chose the name Isaac for our little boy just because we like it. His middle name is from my dad, Clayton, whose birthday is also October 6th. Perhaps Isaac will have my dad's calm, mellow, easy-going nature.

Isaac and I are doing great. I feel much better than I did after Alex was born, and really great compared to how I felt at the end of my pregnancy, waiting for him to come. We came home last night, and were up most of the night with our hungry little boy. He's been awake more today than yesterday, so hopefully he'll sleep a little more tonight.






We had a birthday party for Isaac at the hospital. Alex and his grandma made cupcakes for him, and Alex enjoyed opening his presents from Granny. Alex was afraid of his little brother though, and didn't want to sit to close to him or hold him. He's getting used to him now, though, and is helping bring him his blanket and make sure he's staying warm enough.











8 comments:

blogger's mom said...

What a beautiful baby. Isaac looks so small. I wish I could be there to hold him.

Stacy said...

Wow, I can't believe it happened that fast. You're lucky you weren't expecting an epidural. I would have totally flipped out. How do you do it without? Isn't it just so painful?
I had a friend in California who lived 15 minutes from the hospital and had her baby in the car in the hospital parking lot. It took a long time for her husband to find people in the emergency room who would come out to the car to help her into the hospital.
He's sure cute! Congratulations. Good luck with having a new baby. It's so hard and so sweet.

Anonymous said...

oh jenni - he is BEAUTIFUL! wow, two boys! what a fun time you will have!! congrats!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! He looks so sweet and tiny, and what a story you have about his arrival! I hope you can all have good times in the weeks ahead adjusting to life as a family of 4. May God bless you richly with laughter and joy through Isaac.

deserae said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable! You have a beautiful family :)

KON said...

good job! I got the news from Dad and meant to call to congratulate you...just a little difficult with my current schedule (writing this at 3:30 am my time). Anyway, the kid looks cute, and I look forward to getting to meet him in a couple months.

Anonymous said...

Isaac is so cute. I just love those little, little babies. Enjoy it while it lasts! Alex looks like he is enjoying being a big brother. You guys look so happy. Congratulations, and I can't wait to meet the little guy.

Becky E said...

I've been hearing stories about Alex and Isaac, and now finished reading your blog...what excitment! I wish you could be here with the kids and your mom and that I could get Sarah and Ethan and Drew at the same time, it would be fun to have all the great-grandsons here with Granny. I am enjoying some time in Ocean Park and am getting ready to sew a doll following your mom's instructions. Congratulations on Isaac. Love, Becky

baby growth