baby

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Weekend Festivities


We've just concluded one of my favorite time in the year - two days that are Father's Day, my birthday, and Jeremy and my anniversary. Cathy came for the weekend, which made it even more festive. Strange spending Father's day and my anniversary away from Jeremy. I'm sorry he had to spend them alone this year. At least we'll finally be together again on Thursday.

Summer is really here and we were able to picnic on the beach, complete with sunburns and seagull feedings.
Dad celebrated father's day by making himself a feast. He's certainly the King Crab!


Yesterday we celebrated my birthday by heading for Spokane for a girl's day at the mall.

Julie had a glamorous makeover, and we were given instructions on applying her wedding makeup.

After two hours of cosmetic fun, we headed to a cute little neighborhood straight out of the 50's to visit The Ruby Slipper - a little tiny upscale shoe boutique, a little artsy shop, and a used clothing store, all right in a row. We were too late in the day for milkshakes, but the cute little restaurant was fun just to visit the outside of.

The Milk Bottle

We headed home, leaving Cathy in Spokane, and came home for another feast by dad, presents and a tiny little chocolate brownie cake (perfect!!). Cathy gave me an art set that included items of interest for both Alex and I (toddler safe scissors, water colors, crayons, and oil pastels, to name a few). Mom and dad gave me a wonderful knitting bag filled with supplies to make a couple of really cute little baby hats. I've been wanting something I can accomplish in a room with Alex, and he seems to be letting me knit in peace, so maybe I'll actually be able to finish them!

Alex has decided that he's a puppy dog since Jeremy's uncle Fred put a leash on him a few weeks ago, and now we have to feed him dog food, give him bowls of water, and take him on walks. Here he is with him mommy puppy dog.





Alex feeds his new friend, Mr. Squirrel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so are you coming out to visit us all or not? you better...or i will be very very sad :*(

Anonymous said...

I had the BEST time with all of you! What a totally fun weekend! Nobody does weddings like the Nichols gang--I am so lucky to get to be part of it.

And, by the way, Alex has a lot of potential as a puppy. I think he might get straight A's in puppy school, which is far better than Nigu achieved....
Love,
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Hi,
We are practicing for a blogging class. We LOVE your blog!
Mom

baby growth