baby

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Pullman

Yes, we did arrive here.... six months ago! Jeremy bought me a cute little red netbook for my birthday this week, so I'm back online. We're settling in here, enjoying the summer. Alex, Isaac and I have been very busy with playgroups, story time at the library, and trying out all the parks in the Pullman/Moscow area.

Isaac, who could barely hold his own head up when last I wrote, is now officially crawling, and by the looks of it will be walking in no time. He pulls himself up to stand, and is starting to torment his older brother with his sudden ability to move towards any toys he hasn't been allowed to play with before.

Alex is having a fun summer. We have a playground just outside our door, so he gets to swing and slide and dig in rocks every time we leave the house. He's also signed up for Pee Wee Sports Camp through the city. So far he's tried out T-ball, bowling, and track. T-ball was his favorite so far.
Alex, Isaac, and I spent a weekend in McCall with my family a few weeks ago. One of the highlights for me: Isaac sleeping. Here is a rare photo proving that he does, on occasion, actually sleep. Sleep is apparently very highly overrated, and he generally does just fine without it. He was only resting here to save up his energy for the middle of the night.

The highlight of the trip for Alex was catching a couple of big trout and suckers while fishing with his granddad.
While Alex was learning to fish with granddad, Isaac was learning to knit with granny. We really need a little girl in this family....

5 comments:

Stacy said...

wow, no computer for 6 months! I can't even imagine. It's good to hear from you. Your baby looks just like a doll in that picture. He really doesn't sleep? How do you survive?

Michelle said...

Great to hear from you! I'm glad your kids had fun with the grandparents--those are always special times.

Anonymous said...

i see you don't have my new blog...geez, it's been awhile! soo glad you are blogging again! i have been dying to see your littlest man! your kids are so cute! it looks like you all are doing well...and they are keeping you busy. keep up the blogging... i love it!

KON said...

nice to get a Kingma update...

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are back. I missed your updates.

baby growth