baby

Friday, May 16, 2008

Down the Cornhusker Road

Jeremy left today for Nebraska. This is such a strange time, with so much uncertainty. I guess it is a time of new beginnings. It feels like summer began today. There was a garage sale down the street, the sun was shining, Alex and I even filled up his baby swimming pool and lounged in the backyard on towels for awhile. Within a few hours of Jeremy leaving town, Alex has already scraped up both knees and a leg and had the biggest splinter he's ever seen. Summer is in full swing.


We had a fun family time last night getting the cars cleaned out and getting Jeremy ready to go. I'm now really motivated to find myself a new car since I'm driving the one that doesn't lock (although the doors randomly lock themselves while I'm trying to open them), doesn't have a reliable air conditioning or heating system, and has a broken gas gauge.


Last night we finally set up Alex's Tee Ball set we found for him at a garage sale last summer, and he thought that was great. I put the bases down and told him to run around them after he hit the ball. He decided to steal all three bases, picking them up as he ran, giggling all the way. That turned out to be more fun than trying to hit the ball.

I'm not sure what to do with myself now that Jeremy is actually gone. I'm not sure how much packing I should be doing, or what I should be packing, since I don't yet know when I'm leaving or where I'm going after Julie's wedding. I guess for now I'll just enjoy this summer sun and get some work done in the yard.

No comments:

baby growth